It was a huge surprise to have my blog nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, I didn’t know anyone was really reading this let alone enjoying what I write. Thank you so much My Forty Something Life for the nomination (and for setting my homework to write this post!).
My Sunshine Blogger post
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site.
- Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about their nominations.
- When was the last time you laughed (proper belly laugh)?
- At the weekend. Large boy suddenly became concerned that Santa only had elves working in the day and that something might happen to all the presents at night if everyone at the North pole was asleep. He was so serious about this that he addressed Santa through the “Santa Cam” (house alarm sensor, shhhhh) and gave him a stern talking to about the dangers of not having any elves working the night shift. It was hilarious.
- What, if anything is your favourite type of exercise and why?
- I was recently learning to run until the dreaded lurgy struck me down with a cough. I need to get back to it. I love that I can do it anywhere, don’t need any special equipment or membership.
- What was the last goal (tiny, little, or big) that you achieved?
- Tough one! I’m on the precipice of a huge goal at work, does that count? Surely getting the major stakeholder to fight my (our) corner is a medium-sized goal. I can’t say what it is though.
- Crisps or Chocolate?
- Chocolate, no question.
- What is the song you can’t help singing right now…especially now I have made you think about it…even if you can’t (like me) sing??
- Hold Back the River by James Bay – small boy’s favourite.
- Why do you blog?
- I need to let out all the thoughts that spin through my head while I’m in the shower or lying in bed at night. So many of these things I wouldn’t be able to say to real lie friends. Its a bit like therapy for me, an outlet for my inner thoughts. I don’t really mine whether anyone reads it or not, I just need to get them out. I’m a lot calmer and less-stressed by the things I write about since I started writing them down.
- What is your favourite comment that you have received on a blog post?
- There aren’t many because its still early days. The couple that mentioned liking my style were really gratifying though.
- How do you relax?
- TV, chocolate and gin (all at once). Countryside walks with the boys and himself.
- If you had to go for a drink (alcohol / non-alcoholic) with a famous person, who would it be?
- I’ll be boring and say Cressida Cowell, just to get her autograph for large boy.
- Sunshine or Snow?
- Which post have you written that we should all read?
- Reaction to loss: it takes all sorts – there is no “wrong” way of reacting to someone’s grief. In the moment, whatever you do might not be what they need, but they will gain something from it eventually.
I nominate the following bloggers & their blogs:
- Donna Dundas (@DonnaDundasBlog)
- Susan Mann (@susankmann)
- Danielle @ Snatched Words (@SnatchedWordsUK)
- Bubbablue & Me (@ETusty)
- Stacey in the Sticks (@staceyinsticks)
- Coffee, Cake, Kids (@coffee_cakekids)
- Mummying and M.E. (@mummyingandme)
- Mrs H’s Favourite Things (@mrshsfavthings)
- TechCommGeekMom (@TechCommGeekMom)
- Kate Long (@volewriter)
- Dudefluencer (@dudefluencer)
Questions for My Nominees:
- When you get up in the morning, are you alert and ready to go or sluggish and befuddled?
- What’s your preferred way of getting news and why?
- How can we put an end to the idiocy of Brexit? really, how?
- What subject do you wish you worked harder on at school?
- Coffee or tea?
- What’s your favourite cartoon? (now or when you were a kid)
- What’s the bravest thing you’ve done?
- Out of the books you’ve read this year, which was your favourite and why?
- How long have you had your current mobile phone number?
- How annoyed are you at having to think of a bunch of questions for other people?
- Which post have you written that we should all read? (re-using this one because its so good)
Please check out all my nominees, they’re wonderful. Thanks again to My Forty Something Life for the nomination! If you want to check out their nominations, see here: https://my-forty-something-life.blog/2019/11/18/sunshine-blogger-award/