Exciting Halloween fun for all Bloggers
Who doesn’t love a bloggers tag. This Hallotober tag is spooky Halloween fun for bloggers to join in with. It is perfect for those who love this time of year or if you’re joining in with Blogtober this year.
- Thank the person who tagged you and link to their post
- Put the rules at the beginning or after introduction
- Answer the 13 questions
- Tag 13 people to do the tag
- Delete Question 13, add a new number one question of your own
- You are free to use the tag image somewhere in the post
Firstly a massive thank you to Claire over at Our Favourite Jar for tagging me. Claire is a wonderful blogger, she’s provides a wide variety of content from the funny to the everyday to the touchingly emotional. Also thanks to Jordanne at The Life of a Glasgow Girl for creating this tag! It is such a great idea, proper fun, and I’ve loved her blog for ages.
- What’s your favourite thing about October?
Well, its our wedding anniversary at the end of the month, 11 years this year. So that’s absolutely my favourite thing – love you Mr Smelly Socks (I know he’s out there lurking and reading everything I post).
- Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
I’m really not a big Halloween fan usually. It wasn’t a thing when I was a kid and my parents’ house was occasionally egged and floured in my late teens so it was never really a fun thing for me. Now I’ve got children its a night of fun for them. We have friends who have a big fancy dress party every year and I’m quite relieved not to have to navigate that – I’ll never be the best sexy witch and its nice not to have to try. The boys aren’t big dressing up fans either so for them Halloween is mostly about going out at night with himself and getting millions of sweets which invariably get made to last for months.
- What’s your favourite horror movie?
Yeah, party pooper here again. I don’t like horror movies. I went to see Signs (with Mel Gibson and aliens) almost 20 years ago and had nightmares. So, just, no, not my thing at all. Himself really loved the first Saw movie because it was clever. If I’m forced to watch something Halloween-y it would be Shaun of the Dead, at least it’s funny.
- Would you rather a cosy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
Cosy night at home every time.
- Which has been your most favourite costume to date?
Himself dressing up as a wookie was pretty funny. Large boy in a skeleton costume with face paints looked really good too, his ghost outfit one year was great – I threw it together with a sheet, scissors and a sewing machine in about 30 minutes flat.
Oh! Or my friend who was 6 months pregnant and bought a doll, chopped it off at the waist and stitched it into her tee shirt so it looked like the baby had burst out of her big round tummy. That was pretty gruesome.
- Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
Bobbing for apples – but for me that’s more bonfire night than Halloween.
- How do you celebrate Halloween?
We do always get a big tub of sweets in and welcome any neighbourhood children who come knocking. Himself is in charge of pumpkin carving and I look after the kids’ costumes if they’re going guising (this is some weird Scottish term for trick or treat).
- What’s your least favourite horror?
Any and all, just not my thing.
- Do you have a favourite trick or treating memory?
Large boy’s first trip out with himself was pretty wonderful. He was so excited just to be going out for a walk in the dark when he was 3 almost 4. He looked really scary in his costume and just loved it.
- What’s your favourite thing about Halloween?
I do quite enjoy sharing sweets with the local children – especially calling the bluff of the older children who ask trick or treat and I make them do a trick.
- Scary costume or Silly costume?
- What’s your favourite Halloween candy?
- Would you visit a haunted house at night?
Sure, why not? Ghosts aren’t real.
Lindsay at Live, Parent, Teach, Repeat
Eddie at Yorkie, not just for dads
The guys at T.B.C
Faye at Female Original
Mary at Over 40 and a Mum to One
Michelle at Boomer Eco Crusader
Emma at Invincible Woman on Wheels
Amanda and Marissa at Quirky Workin Moms
Liz at Live in the Fast Lane
Abby at Kin Unplugged
Lisa at The Procrastinating Mum
1. What’s your favourite thing about October?
2. Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
3. What’s your favourite horror movie?
4. Would you rather a cosy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
5. Which has been your most favourite costume to date?
6. Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
7. How do you celebrate Halloween?
8. What’s your least favourite horror?
9. Do you have a favourite trick or treating memory?
10. What’s your favourite thing about Halloween?
11. Scary costume or Silly costume?
12. What’s your favourite Halloween candy?
13. Do you believe in ghosts?